Tuesday, January 31, 2006

The Shivers.......

I can't believe it....

Spanky's
weather monitor shows 84 degrees in Chennai and 82 in Blore and to top it its 15:47 in Chennai.

I don't remember anytime during my second sem when i had to switch off the fan and sleep trying to get my blanket to cover my legs.Its a welcome change anyway and am now dreading the advent of the Chennai summer.Any sign of clouds in the sky and my heart skips a beat ever since a friend told me that the day the real summer starts it will rain and from then on there will be no respite from the heat.He told me this during my second sem and it proved to be true.Let's hope the summer is really late this year

The extent of the chilly morning strikes you only on the way from the shower to the swimming pool in the morning. I was really shivering and my teeth were chattering when i entered the pool.Then I decided to take the cold head on and did a few breadths in the pool.This proved to be a not so nice idea as i ended up sleeping in all my classes and even bunked the 4th hour and slept from 11:15 till 13:15. The only consolation was that i was not alone since Spanky missed the first three hours due to the enthu he put to wake me up and come swimming. After the long nap i got up and went to mess to have lunch, which as usual was give up, and then walked all the way to Lab theory class only to wait ten mins there and start on my way back since the prof didnt come.Talk about luck.

Next up Himalaya, our new mega mess , the most painful change effected by the higher ups in the institute.

4 comments:

SpankMac said...

you know, i could have gone to class. but suddenly just before eight, i decided to bunk first hour. and if i bunk dom, then it'd be meaningless to go to flu mech and vasa's class. so i thought i'll get some sleep at least :)

Vijay Shankar said...

@Spank
Man you are my inspiration in life.

Dharik said...

buoy wiper on fire ...
blog after blog...
must be the post saarang effect..

Vijay Shankar said...

@ Dharik
ya da
Saarang and lack of enthu to mug. Saarang gave me lot of ideas.