Wednesday, February 01, 2006

'Crush'ed Opportunities

I have spent a lot of time over the last 4-5 days thinking whether i should put this up. Well what the heck i am just gonna do it.

Now this goes a few days back. Back when the grass was greener and the mind still held hopes of striking it rich(you know where). Yeah i'm again talking of Saarang(Oh no not again!)

I saw 'The One' for the first time on the day of the LM show. She was standing in a group of some ten girls in the queue in front of family gate. I was with my sister and some school friends behind their group.


The one was wearing some orangish colour churidar and was chatting within her group in tamil. It was the glow of her face in the yellow light of the sodium vapour lamp that caught my attention. The One wasn't exactly what you might call filmstar material and all but she was pretty in a different kind of way. Her face seemed to invite someone to caress, the skin looked so smooth. The one didn't need to wear mini skirts and show off her shapely calves to catch your attention like a girl in the parallel queue had to do. The scantily clad one did get the attention of most of my friends for the entire time we were in the queue. In the meanwhile I was trying to get a good look at The One.

Then as I was telling myself that all this not gonna come to anything and that you are not even going to learn her name, the show started with Shankar singing Breathless. Now this song has always been one of my favorites and I was so pained that he sang it first while I was left outside in the queue that I shouted out "ONCE MORE".
At this The One turned back to me and said we'll go inside and shout Once more. I asked her how in the world is he to know that we are shouting for Breathless and not some other song. The One gave me a sheepish smile as her reply. Soon we entered inside and I forgot about her in the excitement of the show.

But I couldn't get her out of my mind that night.

For the next two days i tried looking for her but in vain. I had all but given up for there was one more day to go.

Then on the fourth day afternoon while i was watching some event in clt, I saw her again.My heart leapt for joy. She was sitting in one of the back rows but due to my good luck there were a bunch of my year guys in the front row. Shit man! Talk about luck. I decided to wait for a better opportunity.

But alas :( the opportunity never arose and here I am, my thoughts occupied by someone whose name I don't know and who in turn doesn't even know I exist.

16 comments:

SpankMac said...

awww wipes is all lovey dovey.. choo chweet!

you've been hit by the thunderbolt dude. put fight! :D

Anonymous said...

you also fell for the same female. seriously she blew me away.

it's baille said...

ha nice description........don't worry da these things r quiet common....

Vijay Shankar said...

@ bale
this my first experience of such a thing.maybe they are common.

Vijay said...

saramilladai. i can understand ur emotions..;)
ninakkum oru kaalam varum...

Ankita DJ said...

whoa..poor wiper got wiped out eh..!!??

Ducky said...

he he, DJ, good one! :)

Vijay Shankar said...

@ankita
Hey not completely Wiped out n all.
Still have some juice flowing.

SpankMac said...

make sure it flows in the right direction. man i didn't know - but saarang thunderbolts have happened to people i know so well :)

Vijay Shankar said...

hey spank,
Who else has been struck by the Saarang thunderbolt?

Ankita DJ said...

hey vipes,
as long as the juice thingy is concerned, i fulla agree with spanks...!! make sure u let it flow in the right manner, direction and every other aspect. spanks can probably put fundaes..hail the four hours of flu mech classes...!! ;)

Vijay Shankar said...

@ankita
I dont think u know spank properly.his juice slisha flows in the wrong direction. read anush's post or details.

SpankMac said...

oh wiper darling noticed! ooh choo chweet! wiper sweetie pie, i'm coming to your room baby! don't go anywhere dear.

Mahesh Mahadevan said...

My 1st comment on your blog.
Don't Give Up.
Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Anonymous said...

:-) ;-) bro am glad tat u've at last proved u r a 20 yr guy!! ws i shocked or wt when u commented abt tat Breathless song to a grp of perfectly unknown females!!
sadly i missed out on "The one" inspite of me bein wit u tat day!
nywys better luck next time!!! ;-)

DeepThought said...

Great, man.. Better luck next time.